Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Coming soon...

I've recently become interested in posting a series of short stories on my blog. Since I'm kind of into "historic speculative fiction" (aka fantasy), I'm going to be creating a few "fantasy vignettes." These will range in scope and tone from slice of life, to heroic, maybe romantic, and probably something gothic.

I have a few reasons for wanting to do this. One reason is to practice my writing skills (because, let's face it, I'm not that great). Another reason is to take a little break from the larger projects I'm working on, to have something small that I can take on to finish from start to end quickly (this gives me a chance to practice the entire production pipeline, rather than spending a long time on any single part). Lastly, I have several ideas that I want to get out, and they're making my head crowded.

At the moment I'm about halfway through with drafting the first one. I could give you a synopsis, but since it's a short story anyway, it would pretty much explain the whole story. Suffice it to say that it's about dwarves.

I hope to finish and post it soon. Even though I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to this kind of thing, I think you will enjoy it, at least a little.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment